Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembering a Victim: Peter O'Neill Jr.

Peter was known for making friends with anyone he met. He had a fun loving personality that everyone gravitated to. He loved his hometown of Amityville in Long Island New York. Peter lived near the Great South Bay where he would boat and water ski.  I think that Peter and I would have gotten along pretty well because I love to boat and I also wake-board. Peter was training to become a bond trader for Sanders O'Neill and Partners, his uncles the co-founder of the company. When the plane hit the towers he contacted his mother insuring that he would be okay and there would be an escape plan soon. Peter always wanted to look on the positive side of every situation and wanted to make everyone feel okay. Peter died on September, 11th 2001 at the young age of 21. However, in his 21 years of existence he changed so many peoples lives for the better and left memories for his love ones to cherish. During the memorial service Peter's mom found a random dime near the pew of the church. Many believe that this is a sign that their loved one's are with them. Mrs. O'Neill kept this dime and continued to collect them to remember that her son Peter would always be there for her. From this story I learned that the process of grieving can be extremely tough but in the end will make us stronger individuals and eventually we will reunite with our lost love ones.


image

5 comments:

  1. Wow that is such a sad story! He had such a positive attitude in the face of danger. He sounds like a great guy too and i would also have loved to meet him. 21 years isnt long enough to love and i feel for the family that lost such a great person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People like handle grief in various ways. Some people like to talk about it other do not even want to think about it. The important thing is finding something that works for you. I am glad the mother of peter found a way to cope with the death of her son. It most be extremely difficult to lose a son or daughter especially when they were just 21.

    ReplyDelete
  3. someone who can stay positive instead of freaking out in a situation like that is a truly a man

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is sad that Peter O'Neill Jr.'s life was cut so short. He would have probably made a great bond trader. It is good to hear that people could find a way to benefit from tragic events such as the loss of a loved one by becoming a stronger person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its very sad to hear because his life was cut in the prime of his life. I hate to hear that someone so young with such a bright future perished before his time.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.