Monday, September 16, 2013

Jeremiah J. Ahern



 I wrote about Jeremiah J. Ahern. He lived to be 74 years. He was born of Irish Immigrants. He had a nice little family, a wife and kids who loved him. They said he was a quiet man who loved his job and the people he worked with. He went off to the army at a young age and never looked back. When he eventually got back home he went back to school and then got a post office job where he worked there for ten years. He told his family that he didn't know what he would do after he retired, so he kept putting it off. He started a second career working at the International Revenue Service and then retired there at 55. He eventually went back to work at the New York and worked as a auditor in the State Department of Taxation and Finance on the 86th floor. They said that,for 17 years, in order to get there that he road the bus faithfully. He seemed like he was a nice, king hearted, soft person man. He worked hard and provided for his family in every way. From reading up on him he has taught me that it is a must that you work hard and that if you are a good person than people will want to be around you and your job will be even easier. It's sad to see how this tragedy separated a family. I solute for the work he has done. My heart goes out to everyone who had to deal with this hard time.

5 comments:

  1. I was surprised to find out his age of 74 years, he truly seemed like he loved life by not wanting to retire, but to keep working for his family. I think that it is respectable the way he kept working for his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What stuck out to m was that Jeremiah looks like Mr. Rogers. Humor aside, I think his work ethic was great - kept him young - and was great for his family. I sympathize with Meri in that regard. It's upsetting that he died.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a shame that he made it through so much life, like being in the army, all his work, and living to the age of 74, just to die at the hands of a few people that felt the need to do this

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he lived a great life and died under the worst circumstances. It sounds like he was very happy and lived a fullfilled life. Its just sad when someone dies under such shocking circumstances with no warning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He sound s like a great man, who had lived a good life. Even though he didn't know what he wanted to do at some point but he still found his career. I honestly I'm shocked knowing how he died no one had to die like that. He will always be in his families minds always and forever.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.