I thought that all of the stories
were heart breaking and really showed that there are some things that you can
never forget. The story that stood out to me the most was of Nick Chirls. I think this stood out the most because my
life is very family oriented, and my mom is a very important. My mom is the one
that does everything, and there is no way our family would function without
her. What I thought was really
interesting was when Nick said that “you come to terms when you let go of the
anger”. It just made me think that if I
was in his position would I be able to let go of the anger? He said this six years after he had lost his
mother which made me think is there some sort of time span where everything is
supposed to get better, where you become happy again, or you continue your
normal life again…
I think that the strongest points
of this film were that there were many different perspectives, such as a burn
victim, brother, son, etc.… but also the time period over the eight years. I think it made for an amazing story to
follow the people as they learn to cope with what had happened throughout the
years. Its not we can simply move on after a tragedy occurs. We all have our
own time and ways to deal, and it was clear in the film that eight years was still
not enough. This was something that will live on with the people affected for
their whole lives.
I think
that the most important thing to take away from these stories is to not take
the people in our lives for granted. I think it is truly hard to appreciate
something until it is gone and you realize how much it really meant to you.
This film was a great example of just that. Sometimes I take my mom for granted
and think that everything she does is because she has to, but she really
doesn’t have to do half of the things that she does. Watching Nick go through
all that he had to in losing his mom, made me thank God for the wonderful
mother that I have in my life.
That is a great thing that you learned from the other people's stories. I, too, now realize that there are a lot of people in my life that I take for granted, but I wouldn't be where I am today without them.
ReplyDeleteWow. I wrote about Nick too, but not as deeply as this. I can feel your words and how much his story meant to you. I need to call my mom now....
ReplyDeleteI really like what you took out of Nicks story-- I also chose Nick to write about. My life is also very family oriented and the thought of losing my mother is crazy to me.
ReplyDeleteI think you have learned a great life lesson from watching this documentary. Thank you for sharing it as it is very important for everyone follow. It may seem very easy to take your parents for granted but once you're on your own, you will realize the difficulty of not having them around.
ReplyDeleteI wrote about nick too. My family wouldn't function without my mom. I couldn't imagine being in his position. That's good that he learned to cope with it though.
ReplyDelete