The story of Nicholas Chirls affected me the most. I think this particular story affected me because he was around my age and just seeing the hurt within him makes me think about if that happened to me. He thought and talked like kids my age and made it easier to relate to. Nicholas talked about how he worked on Wall Street and he said that he, "feels the need to pick up where she left off." I guess I've never lost someone I was that close to so I really don't understand how he feels but I thought that was a neat quote. I am super close with my mother and just the thought of losing her kills me.
Looking at the way people coped over the next couple years after the loss of their loved ones was very interesting. It was definitely evident that after the first year or two the people were not even close to being healed from the loss. They all coped differently and some healed faster than others. I think the first stage most of the people went through was anger, guilt or regret. Next they moved onto more of thinking about the whole situation knowing that it was done and over with but was still very sad. The last stage I saw was them accepting it all and finally starting to seek peace. I would say everyone got stronger within the years rather than weakening.
The most important thing I took away from these stories is mainly the importance of life. I also thought more about the affect it had on the people and an inside look on the emotions of the ones affected. Looking at it from my point of view before this video was very vague. I looked at it more of just an event and not seeing how it really hurt people. Now I can understand the true tragedy behind it and all the hurt it caused.
I totally agree that Nick's voice was that of someone our age.It is very hard to imagine losing someone like a mother. It makes me glad to see that Nick turned out fine after her death.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree that Nick's voice was that of someone our age.It is very hard to imagine losing someone like a mother. It makes me glad to see that Nick turned out fine after her death.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that about it showed me the importance of life. After this video I got more of an idea about what people really went through. I liked how the video showed different stories and not just one.
ReplyDeleteI liked that you thought the importance of life was something to take out of this. I didn't know anyone that had passed away due to 9/11, but after seeing this film i feel like i know those people now.
ReplyDelete