Sunday, September 22, 2013

Exploration 4

The stories from the documentary, Rebirth were all so touching. The one story that affected me the most though was Nick Chirls story. His story had such an impact on me because of how close I am to my mother. I tried to put myself in his shoes and it was horrible. I could never imagine losing my mother because just like Nick I have a very strong bond with my mother and she is the person that keeps are family so tight with each other. One of the most touching things that Nick says is, "Our house is now a lonely house, it's a cold house." This was so heart-wrenching because before the attack his house was full of fun and laughter and then it was all taken away from him.

The time lapse in the movie was to show how much of a process healing was. It was also to show that it takes a very long time to come to terms with reality. Even at the end of the documentary not everyone from the story had completely accepted what had happened. Having the time-lapse structure was a strength in my opinion. I think it helped you really get to know the people being interviewed and it also helped you begin to understand how they were feeling through it all. The documentary was filmed in an amazing way.

The most important thing that I took away from this documentary was that healing takes time.The healing process isn't something that can be rushed. It takes time to fully happen and I think the people in Rebirth demonstrated this perfectly. I also realized how many people 9/11 truly affected in someway or another. When it would show scenes from the memorial and there were thousands of people there it just really blew my mind. There were a lot of people that had to learn how to heal and get past that horrible day.

5 comments:

  1. I thought Nicks story was the most touching story too. I tried to put myself in his shoes and I just couldn't imagine going through that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so sad what everyone went through but they stayed stronger and fought threw it. Its good to see that everyone has gone from bad and a point in there life were they can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so sad what everyone went through but they stayed stronger and fought threw it. Its good to see that everyone has gone from bad and a point in there life were they can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so sad what everyone went through but they stayed stronger and fought threw it. Its good to see that everyone has gone from bad and a point in there life were they can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also chose Nick's story, mainly because that was the story that i could relate to the most if something were to happen.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.