I learn best by hands on experience. When I really felt like I was learning was every time I stepped on the basketball court. I felt like I could learn everything, how to work hard, how to never give up, be disciplined and respectful and when you put hard work in you get that hard work returned to you, maybe not right away but in the long run. Basketball has given me the discipline I need to become a nurse. Being open, upfront, and being able to confront everything life throws at me.
I believe the purpose of getting an education is to get smarter so you can get a good job or even maybe the job of your dreams then work until you are old then retire. I don't see the point in learning all these different kinds of things if you want to go and do one certain thing. I want to become a nurse but I have to take a biology class and learn about plants and animals? I feel like I am wasting half of my time with pointless classes that won't help me with my degree and the field of work I want to go in.
My future I am a little bit of both, optimistic and skeptical. I am excited to start taking classes that go to my degree and learning more about it but at the same time I am second guessing myself whether I want to become the type of nurse I am aiming to be. It is a lot of pressure on you if you do go into the medical field because at some point someone will rely on you with their life or something close to that but again I am ready to step up and take that challenge. I guess I am excited to be where I am at right now and on my way to become a nurse midwife.
I'm the same way about being optimistic and skeptical. I like how you have a lot of drive for your career.
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way, I don't understand the point in taking classes for which have nothing to do with our major. It's just a waste of our money.
ReplyDelete