All of the stories in the movie were all very touching and inspirational. It takes a very strong person to live through that and learn to cope. Out of all the stories I thought Ling Young's was the most amazing. I was so moved by the way she stayed so positive during such a hard part of her life. She survived the terrorist attack, but was severely burned. She had second and third degree burns all over her body. In 2003 Ling describes how her entire life revolves around her burns. She can barely use her arms or do any of the things she used to do. She used to travel and go on vacations but she was no longer able to. In 2005 she is learning to cope with her condition. She is able to move her arms but, is in a constant mild pain. In 2006 Ling gets a plastic joint put in her arm, in hopes of being able to move it better. She also finds out that soon she has to have eye surgery because one of her scars in pulling the skin by her eye and affecting her vision. She actually ends up having over forty surgeries. In 2006 she states, "People have worse conditions than I have, I am very, very lucky." I just find that so amazing that she is so positive. She is trying to make the best of her situation and trying to keep living her life. In 2009 Ling says, " I gotta make the best out of it". She is just happy to be alive. She is so grateful that she lived through the attacks and I find her to be a very inspirational person.
I think that the movie showing the people's lives over a span of eight years was a strength. It was able to show people that even eight years later these people are still coping, they are still effected by the attacks, and even sometimes still struggling with the loss of their loved one. It also shows the viewers how some of these people had to change their entire lives to cope with the loss. A very important thing it showed was that the victims were able to over come the struggles and move on with their lives.
The most important thing I learned from this movie is that you always have to keep living. No matter what life throws at you, its best to try to overcome it and move on with your life. There is always going to be other people out there in the world that are in worse situations that you are. You have to make the best of what you have.
I like what you took away from this story. Too often people give up and fade away. I have never been through anything close to a tragedy like this. I would only hope that I would be strong enough to keep moving forward. A few years ago, I was re-evaluating my life and came up with a saying. "Do what you can with what you have, until what you have gets better". I've discovered since then that sometimes you also have to MAKE things get better. Sitting and waiting for life to improve may not be the best thing to do. If you want it to change....change it.
ReplyDeleteLing Young was such a strong person. I think she knew that she had to stay strong, not only for herself, but also for her family. She didn't let her injuries get in her way of being positive. She is an awesome woman.
ReplyDeleteI too thought her story was amazing. She stayed so positive through out the movie. I don't know if I could ever stay as positive as she did, that why I really liked her so much. She lost so much but yet gained a lot of knowledge from her experience
ReplyDeletei am impressed at how strong she was, through the entire process. and went through all the surgery
ReplyDelete