Monday, September 16, 2013

George Eric Smith

George Eric Smith was from West Chester, PA about 30 minutes from where I grew up till 9th grade.he worked his way up through college and was a senior business analyst for sungaurd asset management. He was 38 years old he had two sisters wasn't raised by his mom he was raised by his grandmother. He traveled on Sunday nights to New York for his job stayed in the company apartments then came back to West Chester on Friday night. His grandma now has cancer and before he died he told his grandma that she would have nothing to worry about. He died too young and all the respect he had for family is a way that I think everyone needs to live. The thing i learned from this persons story is how heavy it can impact ones family even if they aren't your mom or dad. Look at his grandmother who raised him and now to have him tragically lost. I learned from this to never take anything for granite. He didnt take his grandmother for granite and she didnt take him. I can apply this to my life for being thankful for everything i have had and will have the opportunity to do in my lifetime. all the way from sports to school to vacation be thankful for it.



                                                                          

7 comments:

  1. George seemed like he had his life in check. He had the perfect balance between work and family. Most workaholics have trouble balancing both. Family is important because your family is a reflection of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an uncle that lived in West Chester, but I don't think he lives there anymore. It's sad that he wasn't able to help his grandma like he had planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think george seemed like a great guy with great priorities. Also, its pretty cool that out of all those people you found someone who grew up near you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I relate to Eric because his grandmother raised him. You see, I have a Great Aunt who was just as important at instilling morals in me as my mother, and when I return to her home, it is a flash to my childhood. When I leave her presence, I cry because I think that one day I will walk without her, and it makes me ball my eyes out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I relate to Eric because his grandmother raised him. You see, I have a Great Aunt who was just as important at instilling morals in me as my mother, and when I return to her home, it is a flash to my childhood. When I leave her presence, I cry because I think that one day I will walk without her, and it makes me ball my eyes out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much respect for doing everything he could till the end for his Grandma. Sad that he couldn't carry out his goal to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He try his best to do what he can but things happen and thats life. He tried his best for his grandma and thats all that matters.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.