Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembering September 11, 2001

I researched a man named Michael Patrick Laforte. He was a broker at Cantor Fitzgerald. I found out his birthday was the day of the attacks and he turned 39 the day he passed away. It was very heartbreaking to read that normally he took his birthday off, but that year he did not. He was in his office on the 105th floor of the north tower of the World Trade Center when the attacks happened. He had two children at the time, and his third child was born on November 14 after his death. His wife named the child after him. I also learned that both of his parents were deaf and he was raised with sign language, which I thought was so interesting. He graduated from Syracuse University in 1984. Then straight after college he spent five years as a Marine Corps artillery officer. He was a courageous man that served our country.
[Michael Patrick LaForte]

1 comment:

  1. Hard to believe that he was the same age that I am now. I can't imagine this being the end. I have a lot of life left in me....or so I hope. Life is so fragile, no matter how strong we are.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.