The person whose story affected me the most would probably be Tanya Villaneuva Tepper who lost her fiancé Sergio. Her story stood out the most to me because i could feel the pain she felt and i could feel how sad it truly mad her. You really saw all of the pain she went through but you also saw her get through her depression and even start a new and happy life her husband and children. A quote that she said that really stuck out to me was "I didn't want to believe he was gone." This quote stuck out to me because it shows how much she truly cared for him but as the film goes on you see the transformation to acceptance and its really cool to see.
I thought the time-lapse structure of the film was a definite strength because it lets you see the healing process and how everything affects them. You saw every person change throughout the film and that was awesome to see. In the beginning you saw everyone at a low point and then as the time passes the healing process begins and at the end you see everyone happy and living their life to the fullest.
The most important thing I took away was time heals all wounds. I took that away because everyone was hurt in the beginning and everyone was sad. Everyone blamed someone for their loss because they couldn't come to terms. As time passes though they heal and come to terms with what happened and their loss makes them realize they need to live their life to fullest because you never know when someone crazy could happen and your life could end.
I'm with you. I think it's so cool how she pulls through all of the hardship and builds a family with a new husband.
ReplyDeleteTanya's story affected me the most too. You could really feel her sadness which made you want to see her get better. It was awesome to see her happy at the end and I think your idea that time heals is right on. With most of the stories the victims seem to return to some state of contentment.
ReplyDelete