Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Miguel Petrarca Exploration # 3


Exploration Three: Education

I think I learn best by reading and explaining what I learn to others or by applying those things that I learned . Right now I am reading a book about Investing in stocks and it is really interesting to me so a lot of times I explain to my parents what I learned and how I am applying the information to my life. Doing this allows me to retain most of the information I learned about which is great because there is nothing worst than reading something and a few weeks later forgetting everything. Another time that I used this trick was when after reading 1984 by George Orwell. I remember that when I went to Venezuela I saw all the brainwashing that the government was doing. Everywhere I went there was an image of the former president/dictator that passed away. Even though he passed away the images were still everywhere. This is exactly what happened in the book 1984 by George Orwell. My dad and I talked a little bit about the brainwashing and the tactics that the government is using and talking about it really helped me remember the book.

In my opinion getting an education has many benefits like becoming a more knowledgeable about the world , providing financial security for individuals and opening up more opportunities to do something you enjoy while earning money. Education is essential for my future success because of what I want to do. I Am very optimistic about my future and the path that I chose because I can not see myself doing anything else besides being a doctor or surgeon but I am also a little bit concerned because it is a long and difficult path that requires excellent grades, a lot of extracurriculars activities and a killer MCAT exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.