Monday, September 9, 2013

Exploration 3

     My favorite and most effective way of learning is through song. When I was little, any commercial with a song in it that I saw more than once, I had memorized. In third grade, my teacher played records to help us remember multiples of numbers and to this day I still remember most of the songs. I know the lyrics to hundreds of songs without even having to really think about it. Music makes learning fun and much easier.
     The purpose of education is the get ahead in life. With a formal education, people are not as limited with jobs, living, and experiences. Education allows for a higher paying job, which makes the standard of living better, which makes more experiences possible.
     Education is very important to my future. Living and working in Bucyrus has really opened my eyes to that. Where I work, there are adults in their fifties and older working their butts off every day for minimum wage. I hate that job now, I can not imagine doing it for the rest of my life. I am a little skeptical about whether or not I am going to like my path, but I'm optimistic that I will like it better than if I had no education.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's awesome that you learn through song, it's different and something I've never tried before. I love music even though I'm not very musically talented.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.