Thursday, September 19, 2013

Exploration 4

All stories were very impacting and moving. It has to be absolutely horrible losing a son, brother, mother or anyone in life but the one that impacted me the most was Nick's story. For some reason I kept putting myself in Nick's shoes without realizing it. This is why his story impacted me the most. Losing anybody would be devastating but for some reason I really felt Nick's pain. It must have been an extremely horrible experience to not be able to see your mother anymore at such a young age. My favorite quote of the movie was when Tanya said. " The good of grief is that it meant you loved someone so much that it was hard to let go." I really liked this quote because it can not be more true. The effect that the time lapse had on the documentary was that we got to see the people over a longer period of time. I think this was a nice plus because you get to see how the people changed. Opinions change, the grieving process continues, and people eventually heal but do not forget. Most of the other documentaries don't show this whole process and that is why this one stood out to me the most.

Something else that I found very interesting was the way that each people dealt with the loss. I think it was very interesting to watch the documentary with that perspective because it provides a good insight into how people cope with loss. The most important thing that I took away was that people have interesting stories that are worth listening to. There should be more documentaries like this because each story is different and can teach us something important.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks to you Miquel and Jacob and Cory for getting us started. I love your quote here as I think it's one of the most important in the film. I also agree that the film is so valuable and this method, but it is hard to get films like this made. It is costly and takes incredible patience and perseverance. We are mostly an instant-gratification culture and the long story is rare. But it is needed. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read all the posts it seems that Nick was the most relate-able person to the class. I enjoyed watching grow and learn to change his mind about his father and the people who took his mother. It really showed his true character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think that Nick was the most relatable person and I also love the quote you picked here. It was very interesting to see how each individual coped because they all did in different ways.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.