Sunday, October 6, 2013

Presentation

The three topics I liked the best were Prohibition and it's repeal, Bonnie and Clyde, and the Y.M.C.A. My favorite of the three topics would be Prohibition and it's repeal. 

The 18th Amendment made the making, selling, possessing, and consuming of alcoholic drinks illegal, but people still found ways to buy or make their own alcohol. Because of Prohibition, organized crime increased, especially in major cities. Gangsters got richer and more violent as they fought over control of liquor sales and other illegal activities such as prostitution and gambling, which also grew during the 1930s. The public was fascinated by big-city mob bosses who became the subject of newspaper stories and movies.



2 comments:

  1. That would be interesting to learn about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose Bonnie and Clyde and the YMCA also. I have heard people mention Bonnie and Clyde a lot throughout my life but I really have no idea who they are, so I chose them and I chose the YMCA because I didn't know anything about it like how it was founded, what it stood for, and why it was founded.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.