For your comments on Presentations:
Write about something well done. What did you learn from this group? What part of the Presentation seemed the best?
Is there constructive criticism that would help this group? What might
have been more clear? What part of the Presentation seemed the least
polished?
Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

Travis I thought you did a pretty good job presenting the dust bowl. Nate you needed to talk a bit louder, I was close to the front and could barely hear you. But you both taught me about the cause of the dust bowl which I was not very familiar with.
ReplyDeleteThe introduction was well done and i liked seeing the pictures because it is what our book describes.. From this group I learned a little bit more about the dust bowl and how it affected the people especially the farmers. I think you guys could of speaked a little louder to make it easier for us to hear. I would have liked to learn more about the depression. For example the economic impact that it had, etc. The part of the presentaion that was least polishied was the thesis. I did not really know what the thesis/main points were.
ReplyDeleteI find the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl very interesting. I liked how you put in the facts on how many dust storms there were. That was a lot in 1933, that would have been horrible to live through. Maybe next time you could speak up a little and try to make it a bit longer next time by saying more about the Great Depression. Pretty good presentation overall.
ReplyDeleteI think that you both did a good job outlining the major ideas behind the dust bowl. The video of the Mumford and Sons was interesting because it was cool to see how the history effects modern music. The one thing I would have worked on would be to add more specific facts and details but other than that it was very informative.
ReplyDeleteI find that the Dust bowl is a very interesting subject that most of us have been taught before. You both did a nice job during the presentation. The only thing i would change is go a little more in depth of the environmental effects and precursors to the Dust bowl because i think it was the most important sub topic of the entire presentation. Other than that you did a wonderful job :)
ReplyDeleteI find the dust bowl being a very big deal in the great depression it hurt lot of farming in the Midwest. you guys had a lot of interesting facts on the dust bowl. the only thing I would change is maybe talk a little bit more about how it effect the other states around the are not just one stop. like mike said his dad could see the effects in Minnesota how did other states get hit by it. but other then that very good.
ReplyDeleteI really like how you guys found a modern representation of the dust bowl. It shows how big of an impact the dust bowl made on America, and how it still has a lasting affect effect on people. On the other hand, you guys spoke very softly and probably could have used a little bit more information.
ReplyDeleteI thought your guy's topic was a very big deal on the Depression. I liked how the two of you brought interesting facts into the presentation. The thing I would've suggested doing was talking up a bit more and to make it a little longer. Other than that, good job!
ReplyDeletei liked the topic you guys picked, you had many interesting facts. maybe just try to relate those a little more and talk about the lasting impact it had? and also speaking up a little, it was kinda hard to hear. besides that i liked your slides and the pictures. good job!
ReplyDeleteI believe the most interesting fact of your presentation was that the government reserved 140 million acres of farm land to monitor and rehabilitate it. That actually sounds like the government was trying to find a solution to the farmers' problems. I'd like to know more about that. Overall your presentation was good, but like everyone has mentioned, a little more information on how it effected the land and people, and more volume, would have helped.
ReplyDeleteYou two had a huge topic that was a major impact for the Great Depression, but you didn't go into as much detail as I would have hoped. I was hoping to get a lot of information about this topic, but the information that you gave was good still. The one suggestion I have is to speak up and to present a little bit more information, but other than that you did good!
ReplyDeleteGood job on your presentation. I really liked your power point. It looked professional and provided some nice facts. One thing that I think you guys could have done better would be if you were a little more audible. The presentation went by quick and I could barley hear what said.
ReplyDeleteThe Dust Bowl was an interesting topic. I like how you guys hit the main points of the Dust Bowl but I would like to know a little bit more about it. However, I do know a lot more about it than I did before the presentation. I think that you guys had a lot of text on each slide and you talked a little quietly but besides that it was good.
ReplyDeleteYou presented the thesis well. I heard everything that was said - but I don't know about everyone in the back. I love Mumford and Sons as much as the next guys, but at the same time, I would of liked to see how it pertained to the Dust Bowl. I need explaining... apologies... I liked how you guys both seamlessly followed your presentation. If I could change something though, it would be the beef in your whole presentation. I felt like I was dining out a ritzy Steakhouse, and my plate had a teeny tiny steak. So it's a great presentation, but somehow it ended up less meaty than I would have thought. Overall, good work. *thumbs up with smile.
ReplyDeleteI think you guys did a good job telling about the Dust Bowl. I had some knowledge of it but not much. You had lots of very good information about it and presented it well. I enjoyed the song you played and liked how it connected to a more modern day. One thing you guys could work on is giving less facts and explain it more but besides that, I thought you guys did a good job.
ReplyDeleteI learned a lot through this presentation. I did not know much about the dust bowl and it amazes me that is was mostly because man ruined that land, not other factors. Your presentation was a little short, but it had good information.
ReplyDeleteI knew the dust bowl of devastating but didn't know it destroyed that many acres of land. every fact was interesting just a little bit longer on the presentation.
ReplyDeleteI had a little bit of back ground info on the Dust Bowl from this class and my other classes from high school too. You guys did a good job on presenting your Project and giving us Info on the dust bowl i knew more stuff about it after your guys presentation. I think maybe you guys could have made it a little longer by adding more info.
ReplyDeleteThe information that you presented to the class was very informative. You talked about a few things that i didn't already know about the dust bowl. The only thing that i will say is that maybe you should have added more info so that you can get more time.
ReplyDelete