For your comments on Presentations:
Write about something well done. What did you learn from this group? What part of the Presentation seemed the best?
Is there constructive criticism that would help this group? What might
have been more clear? What part of the Presentation seemed the least
polished?
Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

Jana i thought you did a great job putting the idea in our heads about how would we feel if we lived during this time. This idea is paramount to learning this material make it relate-able. But overall I thought you both did a great job maybe next time Daric could talk more.
ReplyDeleteI had no idea about this topic because we did not cover it in highschool so your presentation did a good job teaching me about this event that is not talked about a lot. The best part was the video because it showed the cruelty of the people that made the decision. I think you guys could of rehearsed it alittle bit more in order to have a better flow.
ReplyDeleteI thought you guys picked an interesting topic and presented it pretty well. Maybe something that you could work on for next time is practicing or going over who presented what and when. I liked your video as well as your presentation. I had no idea about the bonus army. It is a very interesting topic and you guys made it very informative. Pretty good presentation overall.
ReplyDeleteI thought your presentation was very entertaining, and really captured my attention. I think this topic was very interesting because it isn't something that the american people like to claim. You both did a good job of speaking and knew what you were talking about. The only thing I would change i have a more fluid transition between both of you speaking. Other than that very good job :) !
ReplyDeleteI had no idea what the Bonus Army was, and I learned a lot! I think that the presentation was well organized and had good visuals. The one thing I would change was to have a more clear stance on Hoover as a president. The humor also kept my attention.
ReplyDeleteI think you guys picked a very great topic. its something different then all the others its not a person play or thing it seemed to be a movement. I had no clue what the bonus army was and you had a lot of good info on the topic. well thought out well put together. one thing I would add is why did hoover say no to the bonuses what was his thinking cause if he gave them the bonuses would he have won the election?
ReplyDeleteYou two did a good job presenting your subject and relating it to current times. For example, you compared president hoover to George Bush and Barrack Obama. Also, you brought a personal touch to it. You asked how would we feel at this time in history, and it really makes you think. There was, however, a lot of information put on the powerpoint.
ReplyDeleteGreat Job you guys. Before your presentation I had never even heard of Bonus army. I thought you guys did an excellent job of getting us to understand it. I like how in the beginning you really tied it to the Depression, which was really important. The only thing I would've suggested was that each of you guys rehearsed who was saying who and that each of you had the same amount of talking. But still, great job!
ReplyDeletei haven't really heard too much about the bonus army before. i think your guys did a good job in explaining what it was and really informing us on it. i also thought your video added a lot to your presentation, and your comments were really funny! i think maybe just a little more rehearsal but good job!
ReplyDeleteThis was a topic I had originally picked during the brainstorming portion of this assignment. I had heard the term "Bonus Army" but did not know what that meant. Such an emotional situation, to be told you would get a bonus for going to fight a war on foreign soil, only to come back to your own dead soil here at home. Knowing you have money promised to you, and not being able to get it when your family is starving...that would make anyone desperate. I do not agree with the way the government (not Hoover) and military handled the situation, but I also believe there is more to this story than is being told. Much of it has been lost to history. This was not the last time the military has been used to disperse crowds of folks that were speaking out against government....Kent State in 1970, and more recently at the memorials in Washington DC during the government shutdown. Luckily those recent events were handled without loss of life, but could you imagine the repercussions if any Vietnam or WWII veterans were injured or killed while trying to visit the memorials for their lost friends and family?? Very scary stuff.
ReplyDeleteI had no idea about what the bonus army was until yesterday! You two did a great job informing us all on what it was and the effects it had on the people of that time. The one suggestion I have is maybe to rehearse your presentation more, but other than that it was great!
ReplyDeleteI think the Bonus Army topic would be really interesting. You guys did a good job describing it and I like how you decided to use the video to sum up the presentation. One thing that you could have improved would be if you rehearsed a little more.
ReplyDeleteI think you guys had a very good presentation and I learned a lot about the Bonus Army that I had no idea about. I really enjoyed all the pictures and how you added humor to it. I also liked how you related Hoover to now-a-days with Obama, very good analogy. One little thing you guys could work on was maybe providing a little less information on the slides so that it didn't seem as if you were reading right off of them. Other than that point, you guys had a very good presentation.
ReplyDeleteI liked that you gave your opinions during the presentation. I liked how you included that one of the best things to come from the bonus army was the GI Bill, which is still around today! I didn't know much about the bonus army before, but now I definitely understand it more. I think you maybe should have went over the presentation a little bit more, but you did a nice job.
ReplyDeleteI thought the presentation you guys put together was very insightful and I actually learned a lot of new things so great job! In the future Daric maybe you could speak more because for the most part it looked like Jana was controlling the presentation. Overall great job, I really liked your presentation though!
ReplyDeletethis was a very well put together presentation, it seemed like you guys really learned a lot about the bonus army, and so did i just listening to the presentation. i think you guys could have explained the bonus army a little better, over all very well done
ReplyDeleteAlways an interesting topic about the army attacking the veterans that fought for them. Great presentation and good pictures. Did a good job at not reading off the slides, maybe a little less facts on the slides.
ReplyDeleteYour topic for the presentaion was very interesting. I think that you did well and i learned some new things that i didn't know. I liked the presentaion overall but maybe a little more rehearsal.
ReplyDelete