Monday, October 7, 2013

Presentation Topics

The three topics that interest me the most about the Depression are YMCA, Al Capone, and Lou Gehrig. I have never known what YMCA stood for so I thought it would be a good topic to research. It actually stands for the young mans christian association and promotes a healthy mind, body and spirit. I chose Al Capone because the topic of the Prohibition and bootlegging is very interesting to me. I want to learn more about his mob operation and think it would make for an interesting presentation. Lou Gehrig is my last topic and the one I am most interested in. Lou Gehrig is a very familiar name in the medical world but less as baseball star. I want to learn about his life leading up to his disease and learn about his great success as a first baseman and just in general his success in the MLB.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/89/YMCA-SVG-Common_International.svg/200px-YMCA-SVG-Common_International.svg.png

3 comments:

  1. I like that you chose to learn more about Al Capone he truly is someone to know more about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also interested in learning about Al Capone and his prohibition era mob. I think it would be an interesting topic to research and to present to the class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you choose Lou Gehrig, he is such a figure for the game of baseball. I'm a huge baseball fan so i would love to learn even more about him. I also choose Al Capone too because I love learning about the mob.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.