Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Finally Made It

Tom laughed, "Jesus, are we gonna start clean! We sure ain't bringin' nothin'with us." This quote really sums up the chapter. They finally made it to California, with forty dollars to spare. Not only do they not have much money, but grandma and grandpa both died on the trip. Noah also decided to stay behind and live by the river. I am very interested to see how their life in California goes because Connie and Rose of Sharon also talked about leaving the rest of the family. The family has also gotten several warnings by people who were traveling home after they had already been to California about not being able to find work.

A second main event in this chapter is that the Wilson's and the Joad's split their ways. Sairy was too sick to go on and they didn't want to hold back the Joad's from making it to California. Before they left the Wilson's asked Casy to pray with Sairy because they were pretty sure she was going to die soon. The Joad's were very hesitant about leaving the Wilson's because they said they had a family bond from when grandpa died in their tent. They did leave the Wilson's some money, but they didn't want to accept it.

Knowledge is what you learn, it is what one would go to school for. Knowledge is like being book smart. Wisdom, however, is like knowledge that one would acquire through life experiences. People who have experienced more, have more wisdom. That is why when you think of wisdom you think of an older person, because they have lived longer and they have seen much more than us. When I think of wisdom, I think of someone like my grandpa. He seems to just know the answer to any question I have, he knows about things that you may not be able to look up in a book or on the internet.

2 comments:

  1. That's how I see knowledge and wisdom! I would definitely say my grandparents would have the answer to almost any question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that those who have lived longer have more wisdom due to the fact that they have faced many of life challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.