The person I am most invested in is
Ma. I feel like she is the glue to the family. She is the one who keeps the
family together and whole. I sympathize with her the most. The reason being is
because she has to not only take care of herself but she also has to make sure
her family’s needs are taken care of too. Not only does she take care of her
family but in the book she has took care of the little kids as well. The
conflict that I see in chapter 20 is the conflict between Casey Tom Floyd and
the police officer. The main point of what happens is they get into big trouble
with the officer and he gets hurt. Floyd punches the police and Tom trips him
and is seen doing that. So Casey decides to just take the blame for it all. He
puts himself in danger to save Casey and also the family because he doesn’t want anything to happen to
him. “If you mess in this your whole
fambly, all your folks, gonna get in trouble. I don’t care about you (AL). But
your ma and your pa, they’ll get in trouble. Maybe send Tom back to McAlester.”
A theme in this book that I see is
religion. It’s talked about in the book and is also in today’s world. Either
you have a religious concept or you don’t. Some people grow up believing in God
but over time loose their faith. It could be because they never had a strong
faith in the beginning or just life hitting them hard. Life can change a person
view. They loose hope because life is
hard and they don’t know how to handle it, so they turn away from God a little.
I see this with Casey. He’s lost, but is still a good man. He claims he’s not a
preacher or a Christian anymore but yet people still see him as one.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.