Monday, October 21, 2013

Comments for Andrew and Cory

For your comments on Presentations:

Write about something well done.  What did you learn from this group?  What part of the Presentation seemed the best?

Is there constructive criticism that would help this group?  What might have been more clear?  What part of the Presentation seemed the least polished?

Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

21 comments:

  1. I actually did not know who Lou Gehrig was, I just knew he was a baseball player but I learned a lot. I really liked the video, that was really good because it showed us all the emotion and what it was like back then. Maybe next time just add in what the triple crown is because I have no idea what that is. Other than that it was a good presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job fellas! I'm a big fan of Lou Gehrig so I thought you really him justice! I thought your facts and information on the powerpoint were great and really interesting. Maybe something you could improve on is restating the same information. What I mean by that is you restated the same facts multiple times but it didn't take that much away from your presentation. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you guys did a really good job. I feel like you told us enough to really get an idea of who Lou Gehrig is.Before this I had never even heard of him. I feel like you guys enjoyed who you talked about. My only suggestion would be to not repeat things too many times. I didn't really think it was a big deal, but it's something that could easily make a presentation even better. I thought you guys still did good though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys had a great presentation. You told us great information about him and I thought it was really good how you tied all of your information in with the Great Depression. The only thing that I wished you would have done was talk more about his relationship with Babe Ruth. You two did really good though! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys did a very nice job on the presentation. i had never heard of Lou Gehrig before and i am not really much of a baseball person. i think you guys stated some really good facts that told us who he was and why he was important in that time. i also thought some of the facts were over stated, but it did get your point across and was overall a good presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought the delivery was really well done. You two did not read the presentation so that was good. I learned who Lou Gehrig was and his relationship with Babe Ruth. I think the best part of the presentation was when you guys talked about his character and described him. I would of liked to see more about the great depression because you guys briefly mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Overall I thought it was a very good presentation. Lots of information on Lou Gehrig and I learned a lot. I heard of the disease named after him but had no idea who he was. One thing I thought you could consider is maybe less information on the slides since you barely read off the slides anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your presentation was very good you had a lot of information which backed up your claim. Good projection of your voices everyone could hear you I personally think. I had no clue Joe died so young. On thing I think you could consider Is the amount of information on your slides they seemed a little overwhelming and drew the attention more to them when people looked at them. But overall I think it was a very good presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought you guys did a great job with your presentation. I thought your visuals were well done and your delivery was nice. The slides were simple and not very cluttered with info while you provided a ton of info. Although you guys did a phenomenal job in your presentation, one thing you could of improved on would be to talk more about how he impacted the era.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Job well done! Both of you guys did an out standing job on teaching us who Lou Gehrig was and what he went through. It was sad how a great baseball player like him passed away. I think you guys could have probably told us more about the Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis because i never heard of it till now. Overall you guys did a marvelous job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I learned a lot through your presentation. The things that struck me the most was the fact that he went to 2,130 games in a row and that he was the only one of four children to survive. I would also suggest to have made it more relevant to the time period. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bravest of all of us to go first. Great video and good descriptive details. Shows a lot about his optimism. Only suggestions I had was talking about the ordeal with babe ruth and some baseball terms.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought you two had a great presentation, especially for going first. Cory seemed very comfortable standing in front of everyone. Andrew, however, seemed a bit more nervous. I do realize that it's not easy being the first group to go, and that may have contributed to the nervousness.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I though you both did a wonderful job, you really set the standard for the presentations. I really don't know much about sports or players in general, but its obvious that players have a big impact on culture not only then but now. It is evident that he was a wonderful man and had a great impact on that generation. The only thing i would have changed would be focus on some of your points more and really hit them home. Other than that amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You guys set the bar high for us to follow! It made me more nervous about getting up and giving our presentation. Very well organized, comfortable, and knowledgeable about Lou Gehrig and his life. The video choice was spot-on. It brought out emotions and really showed how important Gehrig was to not only baseball, but the American People. The only thing I noticed was the lack of an introduction, but other than that it was an excellent presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The video that you presented was really good and the information was well presented. Learned a lot about this person that i didn't know. the only thing that i will say is that maybe go into detail a little more about babe ruth, but beside that it was a good presentaion.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I liked how you guys stressed how he was an inspiration and how everyone liked him. You did some great research. That being said - I think that it was because you were the first to go - you got off to a bit of a shaky start. That improved with the presentation, I liked that. It takes a lot to get used to public speaking and I with practice makes perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I liked your presentation a lot. Lou Gehrig had an interesting life. I knew the disease was named after him, but why? Was he the first person to acquire the disease of was he just the most famous? I think the part where you guys talked about the ceremony honoring him was the best part of the presentation. He was so weak that he couldn't even hold up the picture given to him. That was an emotional part. I also learned some things about Babe Ruth in your presentation.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.