Sunday, October 6, 2013

Presentation Project Ideas

Al Capone, Prohibition and its repeal and YMCA

I am choosing Al Capone because ever since I watched the movie the untouchables I have had an interest in leanring about the notorious gangster, played by Robert DeNiro.  This gangster made his fortune by majoring in felonious activities and aiding in the anti-prohibition movement.  Prohibition was the government outlawing of alcohol in the United states. Even though it was outlawed people drank in secret hidden bars always staying one step ahead of the police.  I picked YMCA also because I do not have very much knowledge about the subject and would like to learn more about the organization



                                                          .


5 comments:

  1. I teo choose Al Capone, he is such an exciting person and I really want to learn a lot more about him and his lifestyle. Also I love the prohibition era because of the speakeasies and what not. Your topics look interesting and i can't wait to learn from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found Al Capone really interesting to do. I had a hard time choosing between him and Bonnie and Clyde. This will make an awesome project and will be great to learn more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same three topics as you. I did my post on the 18th and 21st amendments but i did do a little research on Al Capone. He seems to be a very interesting guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Al Capone definitely came to mind when I was brainstorming. I think he's a good topic because he had a full fledged business through to the postwar years. I think the alcoholic economic stimulus might have had something to do with his success throughout the Depression - and why he lived until the economy was good after the war. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prohibition and it's repeal is a great topic! I hope to hear more about it during the presentations!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.