For your comments on Presentations:
Write about something well done. What did you learn from this group? What part of the Presentation seemed the best?
Is there constructive criticism that would help this group? What might
have been more clear? What part of the Presentation seemed the least
polished?
Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

Great job guys I really liked your presentation! I liked the powerpoint you put together, it had great facts and information. Maybe something you guys could work on for next time would be that at certain points it because a little bit monotone. I'm just knit picking though! Great job I really learned a lot!
ReplyDeleteYour presentation was well rehearsed and educational. You both knew your topics but maybe you could of gotten away from the notecards more. I go to the YMCA in Marion and enjoyed learning about the history of the organization.
ReplyDeleteYour presentation was really good. You had so many great facts that I didn't know about the YMCA and the organization that started it. The one thing that I think you could have done better is tying in the Great Depression more. Other than that though you had a great presentation! Good job!
ReplyDeletegood job! i really liked your powerpoint, it was very informative. i also liked how on each fact on the powerpoint you had more to say then what was just written. i thought that at times it got a little much into the facts rather then say why it mattered, but overall it was very informative!
ReplyDeleteI thought your presentation was well thought out and organized. I also found that the content and facts were very specific and detailed. I never knew what YMCA stood for so it was cool to find out and understand their mission. The one thing that could have been changed was how the information was presented. If you split up the script more frequently it would change up the flow and add more interest to the presentation. Other than that the presentation was very well done and I enjoyed it!
ReplyDeleteI liked how the slides did not have too much and you were the ones giving the information. I learned what the YMCA stands and how it started. I would of liked to hear more about the great depression and the YMCA but it was a solid presentation.
ReplyDeleteyour presentation was good well thought out piece by piece. your slides were simple and your information was very easy to follow. the thing I would like to hear more is about the YMCA impact on the great depression how did it help society or not help society. but other then that it was a very good presentation.
ReplyDeleteYou guys did awesome on your project! Very informational, I love the facts and how in depth you guys went in about the YMCA. I like how the YMCA helped during the time and period during the depression it helped everyone kind of get together and still enjoy life a bit. If you guys where less nervous it would have helped, but overall great job!
ReplyDeleteI liked your presentation and think it was nicely organized and provided lots of information on the history of the YMCA. One thing I thought you could of improved on would be if you guys shared the info more. I felt as though it was split into two parts with each talking half the time the entire time. Other than that small thing, you did a great job.
ReplyDeleteI think you guys did a great job. I liked how you presented your presentation. It's not a easy thing to get up there and try to explain everything you know about your subject and to fit it in a certain period time. If I had to say anything the only suggestion I would've made was to Tie in the Great Depression a little more. Other than that, Great Job!
ReplyDeleteI thought it was very interesting to learn about the Y.M.C.A. and how it was so different during that time period. I did not know that the Y.M.C.A. did not originally start in the United States. One suggestion I would make would maybe be to have rehearsed it a little more. You guys were probably just nervous, I was too!
ReplyDeleteGreat facts and background history of the YMCA. I learned a lot. Good facts and details only suggestion would to have a little more engagement to the crowd.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYour presentation was good and I like the fact that you didn't use a video as a "filler." MY only complaint is that there was a lack of the "team" feeling.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your presentation it was cool to learn about because most of us have belonged to our neighborhood YMCA. I had no idea it was formed during and around the great depression. My only suggestion is to engage a lot bit more. Other than that great job :)
ReplyDeleteI had no idea that the YMCA was that old and was founded in London! That fact alone grabbed my attention and was a great way to start the presentation! It's sad that after the Great Depression the YMCA had to cut so many jobs. It seems ironic that a place that was designed to help people had to turn them away. I'm glad it is thriving today, but know it has lost much of its initial meaning. You both seemed a little nervous, but coming from an introvert such as myself, I can understand.
ReplyDeleteYou presentation was well done and learned some new things that i didn't know. Has great facts about the YMCA and you knew what you were talking about.
ReplyDeleteI saw lots of confidence and that made me root for you guys to do a great presentation, you had me drawn in. The Powerpoint was implemented effectively. As far a recommendations, Teylor, I sensed some uncertainty, made me root for you all the more, but I would get away from the reading in the future. It's natural to be a little flustered during a speech. I think you handled the situation the best way you could have. In the future if you want to decrease your chance of avoiding that, just prepare more. I liked your presentation and I enjoyed the variance of talking about an organization as opposed to a person - people seem to be a trending thing, so you both had a presentation that stuck out. Whitney I liked you speech etiquette - confident. Teylor you had good speech etiquette too - no scratching or any distracting body language. You both made a great team : ).
ReplyDeleteI really liked the presentation that you two put together. Everybody knows what the YMCA is already but it was cool to learn even more about it. I had no idea that the YMCA was founded during the years of the Great Depression. I also didn't know that the YMCA was not founded in America.
ReplyDelete