Friday, October 18, 2013

Exploration 6 Reverend Casy

     The character in this book that I'm most invested about is Casy because the irony of the Reverend. Also maybe because my family is extremely religious and at a young age I kind of lost my faith in religion, I just believe in that there is something higher power than us. The conflict with Casy was in the situation he put himself in chapter 20. Self-Sacrifice to help his friends. He knew that the Joads principle was family is everything and if they lost Tom everything would collapse. Casy decides to take the blame not for Tom and Al but for the whole family. Casy said softly. "If you mess in this your whole fambly, all your folks, gonna get in trouble. I don' care about you. But your ma and your pa, they'll get in trouble. Maybe they'll send Tom back to McAlester." The theme I chose was Irony because it relates to Reverend Casy. Irony relates because in the beginning you find out that Casy is a Reverend that travels changing lives in the name of God. Then as he loses faith he tells Tom if he can travel and work like the normal working man and do normal things. Once believed that lying and hurting your neighbor is bad and now helped beat up a cop and took the fall for the Joad Family. I like this theme a lot because it shows how hard times and obstacles can bring out even the opposite in a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.