For the presentation the three topics I sound interesting to me were Thomas Hart Benton, the Dust Bowl and Farmers Security Administration.
I thought the story of Thomas Benton was pretty interested. He used his talent of art to show the hard times people had to go through. This earned him the reputation as a socialist activist, and earned publicity through projects. His work depicted the depressed farmers at the time, Ku Klux Klan and big business as negative actors in society. I also chose the Dust bowl mainly because I've heard of it and would like to learn even more about it. From what I read I found out that this was a period of dust storms that really damaged the agriculture of the American and Canadian Prairies during the 1930's. A lot of Thomas Benton's work depicted this hard time. The last topic I chose is Farmers Security Administration which was an effort to improve the lifestyles of sharecroppers, tenants, and very poor landowning farmers.
I also chose the Dust Bowl, I don't know why I just find it interesting how many people suffered from it and how it effected the whole U.S. I have never heard of Thomas Hart Benton before or Farmers Security Admin. Sounds like some interesting topics
ReplyDelete