Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Exploration 5

Titles for Chapter 18:  Departing is Never Easy, What's left when we lose family.


Here are a few direct quotes from a passage in Pg. 294 that I thought were pretty powerful.
Tom said uneasily. " Ma, I got somepin to tell ya. Noah- he went on down the river. He ain't a-goin' on
Ma was silent a long time. "Family's fallin' apart," she said.
Ma turned stunned eyes toward the river. " I jus' cant seem to think no more."

I chose these quotes from the passage because Ma is the glue of the family and she is going under alot of stress of the cop telling her they don't belong, finding out Noah is coming back, and that grandma is stick. Everything seems to being falling apart all at once. She's so worried about everything that she can not think straight anymore.

Second main event that struck me is that how they did leave the Wilson's behind and Ma stayed with Grandma all night in the truck even though she was dead. I picked these because I thought somehow they would have been able to think of something to get the Wilson's to continue traveling and how Ma to me seemed denial about seeing her family slowly depart from one another.

Knowledge Vs. Wisdom.

Knowledge is something you can learn and be taught, While wisdom is a type of guidance or knowledge you have or give because you personally experienced that subject first hand. You can have a lot of knowledge about the basis or war but you personally don't know how it truly is on the field, towns, even your mind set unless you personally experienced it yourself.
My own personal experience would be skating. People could say yeah to do a trick you put your feet in this position and flick. Yes, you do put your feet in a general position as such but also its about how you move with the board, use your shoulders and knees, how loose or tights your trucks are. It's more then what people see when they just look at you jumping and kicking a foot out.

2 comments:

  1. I agreed with your second main point where they were talking about laying with granma all night. That takes toughness and most people wouldn't be able to do that. Once again I agree with you that knowledge is something that is learned whereas wisdom comes from within yourself and only you can make your own wisdom. Everyone is different so everyones experience is different and that means everyones wisdom is different too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wit you. Having wisdom about something means that you would have had to gone through a situation so that you can be able to be wise with a certain situation. It is possible to have knowledge and not wisdom.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.