Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Save 100 dollars this week

This post is about cutting out uneccasary expenses like gas, eating out and coffee.  If you cut these out or at least cut back on them it allows you extra cash every week which builds up and adds to your retirement.  He also talks about not making unneeded trips to stores which saves you alot on cash and unneeded purchases.  His main thinking is just cutting waste out of our lives.  If we quit wasting money we can begin to save it.  This idea is great and very practical.  It can be done for some people it could be hard.  But it is completely possible.  I am going to start doing this myself.  By stopping eating out when I have plenty of food at home.  I can eat out of my pantry for months and not spend a dime.  The only weakness I see in it is people cheating and using the what the hell effect.  This is the thinking that if I am going to break budget, what the hell let us go all out. 
By riding your bike to places you need to go, such as work he says you can save a ton of money.  Along with putting unwanted miles on your car. 
 
 
This is another blog he posted around the same topic.  He does the challenge himself and records his spending for five days.  He practices what he preaches by saving 91 dollars in five days.  He says that he makes about 40k a year and his usaul spending per week is above 500 dollars this savings is just incredible.  It really shows how much waste we really have in our lives.  If we cut the unneeded imagine the money we could save.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.