2. I think the future will be a struggle for the Joads. Their family has broken up and they have no money and no work until spring. They are out of everything and it will be very hard to survive. I think they will be able to handle the challenges and make things work. They may have to go back to living off the land for a while. I think they will be able to survive by continuing to live in the boxcar and just catch animals for food, or get other types of food that you don't have to buy. Basically by living off the land, they will survive.
3. From the novel, I learned that hard working people don't always get what they deserve. We see that in our society today. There are many hard working people in our society who don't get the things they deserve. They lose their house, car, and other items in order to keep food on the table. Then, there are people in society who do absolutely nothing and they have everything they want. They may be supported by the government or parents, but they do not support themselves by working. Yet, they have more than hard working people. We might try hard to remember the Joads because they never gave up through all their struggles. That is what more people need to try to do. They also worked very hard, which is what many people should start doing.
I agree with number three. There are way too many hard working citizens that never get recognition for what they do, but at the same time how could our focus be on so many people.
ReplyDeleteyou did a really good job telling what the joad family will have to do in the future to survive. you had a lot of good ideas. i think you should try to live off the land for a while.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree. I think that the Joads are strong and smart enough to make it just by finding stuff from the land. I also agree with your second answer. I think it's not fair about people living off welfare and other free money. I think the middle class gets the worst of everything because we don't get free money and have to work for what we want, unlike rich people or people living off the government.
ReplyDeleteI like how you added that it will be more difficult for the Joads to survive. I have to say that i also think it will be a struggle for them later on. At first I believed that hard works always payed off but now im started to think about it a different way after reading your post.
ReplyDeleteI agree one hundred percent with the first thing you wrote and that hard working and good people not always get what they deserve. These people deserve more but they obviously did not get it.
ReplyDelete