Monday, November 4, 2013

Exploration 8

The ending of The Grapes of Wrath, in my opinion, was shocking as Rose of Sharon gave birth to a stillborn. The final act that Rose of Sharon did to help that sick, starving man was kind of disturbing yet very generous of her. It honestly kind of leaves me with a disturbed feeling because it is a little gross, not something we hear about now-a-days. I think Rose of Sharon's smile is described as mysterious because we have no idea why she would be smiling during this. I get a feeling she could be smiling because she feels as if she's helping someone but it could also be a smile because maybe it felt good, we may never know. In the future for the Joads, I see them being successful. They handle all challenges that are thrown at them in a very efficient manner. Although they have struggled, I think they have done better than some of the other families that are similar to them. I would think that the family will survive by their smarts, ability to work together, and their mindset to never give up.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, I feel like the family will be successful and yes, they have been through a lot of hardships but they have gotten through it all but not with a few loses. I also thought they ending was very disturbing and gross but when times like that I guess you have to try and help people that are struggling just like the Joad's were. I believe that they will find good work and get a little house because they do work together and they have a smart mind and they don't ever give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe your feelings toward what Rose of Sharon did are very natural. I found it disturbing as well, however it shows us a very real situation during a fight for survival. True sacrifice without regard to taboos and social acceptability.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.