Exploration 8: Final Reflections and sharing about The Grapes of Wrath
2) I do not see a bright future for the Joads because towards the end of the book the situation declined even more. One thing that we can be sure of is that the Joads do have a chance or surviving because of their strong and unbreakable character. I believe that it will be very tough for them to survive because there is not more cotton or jobs but they are so mentally strong that they will find a way to get what they need in order to survive.
3) There are many things that can be learned from this novel like perseverance, kindness, generosity. Furthermore, being thankful for having food, water, a job, a family is something imporatnt that we can take away from this story. It is also possible to learn from the country's mistakes for this story and from The Geat Depression. For example we can learn that maybe more government aid is needed than previously thought for a national emergency. It is good to remember the Joads because thinking about them will bring back all those important lessons that can be learned from them and make us better human beings.
I felt the same way as you did! It is going to be a real struggle with no jobs being available, but I think that they will find a way to make it. The Joads teach us so much about life and to appreciate the little things, that they weren't as fortunate to have.
ReplyDeleteThe end of the book kind of foreshadows rougher times to come for the family. I feel that their situation is going to become harder because they have no house now, lost all of their belongings, and their family has separated more. I want to believe that the Joads will have a wonderful future but I just don't really see that happening any time soon.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you. I think they are going to have even more struggles. But we do know the Joad family will always continue to fight even when times are hard. This book really teaches you to be appreciative of certain things like water and food like you mention and never taking them for granted
ReplyDeleteSteinbeck definitely showed the need for government aid - big push towards government aid. Conversely, gratitude for basic needs - that emphasis - is probably something to keep in mind. Being less selfish etc.
ReplyDeleteI like how you played the devil's advocate and said their future will be harsh. I'm starting to think the same way. I have a point saying their position is steadily getting worse. I also agree that this book makes one feel thankful for what they have.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that their is not a bright future ahead for the Joads and if there is it will be difficult to attain. This book teaches us not to take things for granted that other people don't have.
ReplyDelete