My favorite Buckeye would probably be Gordon Gee, the last President of Ohio State. He is my favorite Buckeye because he really cared about the students that attended the school. I remember when I was touring the campus my guide told my group a story about Gordon Gee that made me like him even more. The guide told us that one of the students of Ohio State wanted to dress up as Gordon Gee so she emailed him asking for a one of his bow ties from his personal collection and he gave her one! I just thought that was really cool of him.
Composition for modern times at The Ohio State University.
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Emily Griffin
My name is Emily Griffin and last spring I graduated from Wynford High School which is right outside of the little town of Bucyrus. I am going to Ohio State to study nursing and want to specialize in oncology. My dream is to work at a children's hospital. I am interested in this particular field because when I was going into my freshman year of high school my brother was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Lukemia. I am hoping to transfer to main campus next year. My fun fact was that I am a waitress at Bob Evans in Bucyrus.
My favorite Buckeye would probably be Gordon Gee, the last President of Ohio State. He is my favorite Buckeye because he really cared about the students that attended the school. I remember when I was touring the campus my guide told my group a story about Gordon Gee that made me like him even more. The guide told us that one of the students of Ohio State wanted to dress up as Gordon Gee so she emailed him asking for a one of his bow ties from his personal collection and he gave her one! I just thought that was really cool of him.
My favorite Buckeye would probably be Gordon Gee, the last President of Ohio State. He is my favorite Buckeye because he really cared about the students that attended the school. I remember when I was touring the campus my guide told my group a story about Gordon Gee that made me like him even more. The guide told us that one of the students of Ohio State wanted to dress up as Gordon Gee so she emailed him asking for a one of his bow ties from his personal collection and he gave her one! I just thought that was really cool of him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do you like working at Bob Evans?
ReplyDeleteI think that the reason you chose your major is awesome
ReplyDeleteI love the story behind your reason for choosing nursing in oncology, family means everything to me, too!
ReplyDeleteI really like Gordon Gee. I think he is one of the best presidents to come through Ohio State, and I was sad to see him retire.
ReplyDeletei also like gorgdon gee!! just like every other osu student. I like his bow ties. I like the story about your major. My mom also had cancer and is cancer free now but the disease sucks. good luck with your career goals.
ReplyDeleteHi Emily, my sister is a nurse as well. She really enjoys helping others, I wish you luck with your future.
ReplyDeleteHi Emily. I think that it's really cool that you want to become a nurse. Especially a nurse at Childrens hospital. I spent a lot of time there a few years ago because I had brain cancer and I know how important it is to have a nurse that enjoys her job.
ReplyDelete