Monday, December 2, 2013

Final Exploration

In "The Idea of a Local Economy" I thought it was kind of confusing. At some points I didn't understand what he was talking about and it was hard to follow. I have to agree with this in the first paragraph where there are problems with pollution and loss of wilderness. The corporations are hurting our world and our nature, "The 'environmental crisis' has happened because the human household or economy is in conflict at almost every point with the household of nature". The finances of a corporation are huge and they affect a lot of what we do.
The Nobel Peace Prize speech that I read was "The Revolution of Spirit" which was given by Aung San Suu Kyi sons because she was on house arrest. I felt bad because she couldn't accept her speech, like she wasn't aloud to because she was on house arrest. I don't fully understand why she was on house arrest because I didn't see anywhere of her doing anything wrong, but I believe her sons gave a good speech. When they first start talking the say how their mother would say this and say that but then they went into what they thought. I think the speech was well presented and presented Burma and everyone who is living their well. "It only remains for me to thank you all...but it is our hope for the future that we celebrate today." This was the last paragraph of the speech, I thought it was inspiring and a good way to end the speech. It just shows how wounded and hurt Burma is and how many people wish to see it heal.

6 comments:

  1. I want to learn more about Aung San Suu Kyi, her story sounds very interesting. I also agree with you that "The Idea of a Local Economy" was very confusing at some points. I feel like this is a writing that needs to be read over and over to fully grasp all of the concepts of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also read this speech, and it was very enlightening. I was unaware of the injustices that the people of Burma had endured. Especially the monks. These men, are peaceful holy men. By them being dishonored and disrespected it is trully a terrible thing. They are non-violent and it is a true tradegy that they are treated in such a terrible manner in a country they have down nothing but good for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also thought that the readings about the economy was a bit confusing. I thought that the story of Auung San Suu Kyi was very interesting! It is crazy that she couldn't accept her award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you the the The Idea of a Local economy was a little confusing at some points. I also agree that those problems in the land are important so fix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i also did think that the idea of a local economy was a bit confusing at times. i think that he was just coving to many topics at one time and should have split it up, or maybe made us more aware to his thesis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Corporations are definitely hurting our economy and our natural environment and it needs to be stopped. I also think it is crazy how Aung San Suu Kyi was under house arrest and could not accept her award. To miss out on such a honorable ceremony would have been very hard and disappointing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.